Monday, April 27, 2009

Talking while you type...

So when the time comes when there is a rather large paper that you need to write, or you just need to write your grandma and tell her that you have definitely been up to no good at all in the last three years that you haven't kept in touch with her, and you sit down at the computer to start that torturous business of going about it, that you start to dictate all of what you are thinking and typing out loud...

Maybe this is a symptom for the people that don't know how to keep "it" to themselves or just me. But I have noticed that most people do say everything that they are typing even if it is under their breath, or just little jittery lip seizures of words escaping their dungeon labyrinth's of the soul... Of course they could really be having a seizure and the "typing" that is going on is only their limp arms slamming down on the keyboard, in what I am sure would be a interesting read...

Well anyway, Talking while you write is something that people think is a shameful thing to do. 'Oh you were talking well you were over there... you're so weird..." But I find it very helpful to say what I am about to say right as I am typing it, at least under my breath a little bit, so that I can write what I am thinking exactly at that moment. Of course if you read anything that I write you might be completely lost, because I tend to write just as if I was talking, and I don't talk with the most clarity. But for me it is all about the feel and the moment that I think it, and if you can't understand it, don't think too hard, you're not going to...

So next time you are sitting in a room with someone that is writing a Email or a paper, and is dictating it to themselves, even if all you can see is the little jitters, try and write it down too. Who knows, you might find out their secret love, or just be able to cope their homework off of them and get a better grade then you were going to...

No comments:

Post a Comment