Friday, April 10, 2009

Action Movies of the 90's...

Late 80's and early 90's action movies, contrary to the belief that all who made them need to be shot, then shot again, then shot once more for good measure, are really quite good.

You might be thinking 'but all those cheesy lines, and the cars that explode in the middle of falling off a cliff, and the bad plot lines, and the predictability, why would I ever want to go watch those movies again?' What you fail to realise, and yes they did suck like a hoover when they came out, is that they are so much fun to watch now.

Bruce Willis movies have been the target of my early 90's movie watching lately, and I have to say that it has been some of the most entertaining times that I have had since that day... never mind, just know that I am entertained greatly. And even those cheese lines have there uses, next time I beat someone down with a surfboard I will be sure to say "Surfs up!" right as I bash them in the face. And as for the cars randomly exploding, it is something to look forward to... 'is it?... will it?... YEAH!" everything explodes on cue, you can even make side bets with others watching the movie beforehand on how many cars will randomly blow up in the movie.

Today we are way too into making things look believable that we have forgotten that it is all fake anyways. So I say that you should go out and rent an old action film tonight and have fun watching it, I suggest Hudson Hawk. Who knows, you might find that you really enjoyed watching it more than anything you have seen lately...

No comments:

Post a Comment