Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The stare...

This might just be me, and my knack for standing in the wrong places, but I have lately found that when people space off that I happen to be right in the line of fire for their eyes...

Not only does this give the impression that they are judging me for whatever I just said, because what I said probably was in need of a little judging anyway, but it's a little creepy. If you ever are in the way of someones gaze as they go into that contemplative mode, and if you can handle it without reacting in the same way as Belloq did at the end of the Raiders of the Lost Ark, you can find some interesting things happening there...

First, there is the blank stare, you could probably do anything right there in front of them and they would not have any idea what just happened. Then you have the eye pop, this is one of the creepy things that happen inadvertently but you don't normally notice because people tend to look down when spacing out, but it reminds me of a Letterman show that I saw once where a lady popped her eyes out as a stupid human trick, and it haunted me as a kid, and still haunts me now, but I find some enjoyment out of it anyways...

Well if you want to really mess with someone, you could try and move something substantial around while they are spacing off and see if they notice, or just trip over it like Dick Van Dike in his show. Although keep in mind that you have a small window, so setting up an elaborate way to kill them might not work...

No comments:

Post a Comment