Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Moving to the Music...

So I was working the past week by myself, and the days were going by relatively slower that they normally do, this might have been due to me messing around a little bit more than normal. Yet just the other day I brought some new CD's to listen to, and I realized something strange, you, or at least I, seem to work faster when you listen to more upbeat music...

It is true that I was listening to upbeat music. Not the kind of upbeat music that has a grin larger than any face can really handle on it, and causes little old ladies to run screaming in terror thinking that you are some kind of creeper...

No it was more of what I would call "angry music." And the angry music that I was listening to was a kind of catalyst for a quicker pace in me getting my job done. It did bring something to my head too, a head ache because of all the head banging that I was doing as a result of rocking out...

I thought to myself after this revelation, "why do offices insist on listening to stations like 99.9?" if any of you remember that station, I'm sorry... Really, if you want to have productivity rocket through the roof, pump in some angry punk or death rock, at least stop the "classy radio station" from causing employees to commit suicide because there was too much Celine Dion leaking it to their brains...

No comments:

Post a Comment