Friday, January 15, 2010

Escalator ecstasy...

I don't have much to say but this, I love escalators!...

On days that I get to go to the bank, I get to enjoy the only escalator in all of the little town of Moscow, and I almost have a hernia because I get so excited...

The escalator is one of the most mellow machines in the world. It stays in one place, moving at one speed, not caring if the people on it are in a rush to go somewhere or just a kid continually riding up and down it for fun or the poor old guy that got confused and is going nowhere trying to go up the down and is too senile to give in to his family trying to convince him that he is on the wrong one...

They are a reminder to all that is a cry to slow down our busy selves. I will never again walk up, or down, an escalator. There is too much stuff that you can do in the meantime, plan your next date(HA), think about life, ponder the meaning of life, or just have a moment to not think at all. And as for all the people that are behind you? keep them there, let them share in this ride of wonderful fulfillment...

So next time you are lucky enough to take a ride on an escalator, don't just walk up it like any other staircase that you will encounter, let it do it's job and take you, at that wonderfully slow pace, to the destination it's there for...

1 comment:

  1. I use to beg mom to take me there. One day she gave in and stopped just so I could ride it, but it wasn't running that day. Sheer disappointment.

    ReplyDelete